ALPHA This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Before you start

  • Dart Charge accounts cannot be used to pay for crossings you have already made. If you’ve already made crossings in the vehicle you want to add to this account, they will have to be paid for separately

To set up a personal or business account you’ll need:

  • Your personal details, or company details for a business account
  • Details of each vehicle you’re registering
  • A debit or credit card
  • You must start a personal account with £10. If you close your account, any remaining balance will be refunded.

Register for a personal account if your company isn’t registered with Companies House.

Apply for a local resident discount

You can only get a discount for 1 vehicle. You must provide evidence - you can upload or photograph your documents, or send them by post for checking.

You’ll need:

  • Your vehicle details
  • A current Council Tax bill that matches the address in your application
  • Proof you live in Dartford or Thurrock, e.g. a gas, electricity or water bill (less than 3 months old), bank or credit card statement (less than 3 months old), income support book, rent document or driving licence
  • Proof your vehicle is registered in Dartford or Thurrock, e.g. a copy of your V5C vehicle registration or a vehicle lease in your name
  • A debit or credit card

You can’t get a local resident discount if your vehicle is registered to a company.

Go back