Make a representation against a penalty charge notice
Before you start
Online representations can only be made against penalty charge notices issued within the UK.
You can make a single representation on the same grounds against one or more PCNs at a time. If you have different reasons for making representations against different PCNs, you must make those representations separately.
To make a representation, you will need:
- the penalty charge notice letter
- the penalty charge number, which will start with the letters 'IA' or 'IB'
- the registration number of the vehicle that is referred to in the penalty charge notice
You will be able to upload legible scans as PDF, JPEG or PNG as supporting evidence, for example:
- a receipt or unique transaction number for your payment
- the name and address of the person you sold the vehicle to and a proof of sale document
- a crime reference or unique reference number for a stolen vehicle
- a copy of the hire agreement and statement of liability
- your V5C form for an exempt vehicle (with letter from appropriate officer if an emergency service or military vehicle)
- a death certificate if the registered keeper is deceased
- evidence that the vehicle was in a different location at the contravention time
- any other evidence to assist us understanding your case